English Folk Expo defines export readiness as follows:
– Artists can demonstrate experience of regular live performances across the UK and potentially beyond
– Have released an album in the past 24 months or are planning to release an album in the next 12 months. They must be able to demonstrate knowledge of distributing and promoting recorded music, including physical and digital distribution channels both in the UK and internationally.
– Have a team in place to cover the roles of manager, booking agent, label and distributor. Where an artist is self-representing, they must be able to demonstrate knowledge of these areas.
– Have a quality, multiplatform and up to date online presence, relevant to target market.
– Can articulate a strategy for developing their career and how performing in a new territory supports their career progression.
Plus they must be of suitable quality to be of interest to our delegates and the audiences at our partner festivals.